Is LPG Gas Save to Use.
Is LPG Save.
With the term “load shedding” becoming a reality for many South Africans there has been an increased focus on gas as a fuel in heating appliances, cooking equipment etc.
The term “LPG” is Liquefied petroleum gas or liquid petroleum gas (LPG or LP gas), also referred to as simply propane or butane, is flammable mixtures of hydrocarbon gases.
Like electricity and Natural Gas, LPG is considered a dangerous good, and as such needs to be treated with the utmost respect.
In this section, we would like to consider some of the important safety aspects when working with and transporting gas!
Understanding the Risks and Benefits of Working with Gas
It is important for everyone to learn more about natural gas. The more we know the safer we will all be.
Benefits of working with Gas/LPG
There are numerous advantages to using LPG:
- Gives you an instant cooking flame.
- Is easy and instantaneous to light.
- Is easy to control. The blue flame is visible and its size is easily controlled over a wide range so that the required rate of heating can be obtained.
- When burning correctly it is non-poisonous and safe to use.
- Burns cleanly and does not produce any soot, smoke or smell during combustion, therefore leaving your kitchen clean.
- Is pure, and very consistent in quality.
- Adds to your comfort because cooking is quick and the kitchen does not get heated as with other fuels like wood or charcoal.
- Is compatible with many different appliances and easy to maintain. Is used in many different sectors, i.e. domestic, commercial, industrial, and agricultural.
Contact us today for more information on all of our products!